INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
We are so proud to announce that VDB Loi Cambodia has won the IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year award for 2022, which recognizes the legal innovation...
IN THIS ISSUE
Acquiring a Bangladesh Renewables Project During Its Development Phase: Which Projects Are Available for Investment or Acquisition? What Are the Key Things to Know?
[From our Bangladesh Office]
Evolving Market Practices in Myanmar for Outstanding Commercial Loans
[From our Laos Office]
Central Bank of Myanmar | New Notifications Allow Baht/Kyat Direct Payments at the Thai-Myanmar Border
[From our Banking and Finance Team - Myanmar Office]
Trade Department Adds to the List of Goods Requiring an Import /Export License
[From our Corporate M&A Team - Myanmar Office]
The Ministry of Finance Postpone the Deadline for Submission of the FY2021
[From our Laos Office]
Have You Calculated the Personal Income Tax Reliefs and Allowances Correctly for the 2021-2022 Six-month Interim Budget Year?
[From our Taxation Team - Myanmar Office]
OUR UPCOMING EVENTS
21 April 2022, Free Online Webinar Event
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
500MW solar power project in the Lao PDR: The Lao team is providing start-to-finish assistance on a 500MW solar power project for the major investor, a leading Chinese IPP in the renewable energy sector.
Tax audit services in Cambodia: Our expert tax audit team is assisting a major microfinance institution with a complicated comprehensive tax audit.
Acquisition of 3 greenfield power projects in Bangladesh: The Bangladesh team has been asked to assist a Chinese energy company with the potential purchase of several renewable power projects. The team will advise on a wide range of local issues.
Licensing of energy projects in Myanmar: The Regulatory team is assisting an Asia-based energy player with the licensing of for their solar power projects in Myanmar.
Employment and tax expertise in Vietnam: The Vietnam team is providing advice on the tax implications of an ESOP for the client of a leading regional law firm.
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year