INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam?
Cryptocurrency trading is not new and attracts a lot of participants. However, there is currently lacking of a full legal framework to recognize the cryptocurrency whether as an asset...
IN THIS ISSUE
Amended Union Tax Law 2021 increases the commercial tax rate on internet services and expands the income range of undisclosed source of income
[From our Taxation Team - Myanmar Office]
The State Administration Council enacted Law No. 1/2022 on Amending the Union Tax Law 2021 (“Amended UTL 2021”) on 6 January 2022 to increase...
Interest Free Loans – Tax Reassessment Risk
[From our Cambodia Office]
With a lack of thin capitalization rules in Cambodia, interest free loans have been the norm for many Multinational Enterprises funding their investment and...
Central Bank of Myanmar – New Notification on Write-off of Loans
[From our Banking and Finance Team - Myanmar Office]
The Central Bank of Myanmar (“CBM”) issued a notification on 20 January 2022 regarding ‘write-off’ of loans given by banks and non-bank financial institutions...
What Is the Current Status of the New Trademark Registration and How Does It Work?
[From our Regulatory Team - Myanmar Office]
Trademark registration has been somewhat in limbo since a new trademark law, which has not yet entered into force, was enacted on 30 January...
Prakas Provides New Rules and Procedures on Trusts
[From our Cambodia Office]
Three years on from the issuance of the Law on Trusts (dated 2 January 2019), the Non-Banking Financial Services Authority (“NBFSA”) issued Prakas No....
Result of the Final Winner for the Development of the Second Phase 40mw Solar Photovoltaic Power Plant Project in Kampong Chhnang Province, Cambodia
[From our Cambodia Office]
For the development of the 100MW national solar park in Kampong Chhnang Province, the Kingdom of Cambodia, the ELECTRICITE DU CAMBODGE (“EDC”) has hosted...
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
M&A in Cambodia: VDB Loi Cambodia advised on a potential joint venture for a mining business client of a top regional law firm.
Multibillion dollar PPP project in Dhaka, Bangladesh: Our Dhaka team was engaged to provide strategic and project procurement advice to the potential sponsors of an urban PPP project with an estimated investment cost exceeding US$1 billion.
Tax audit services in the Lao PDR: The VDB Loi tax team is assisting the subsidiary of a global beverage company with resolving its tax audit in the Lao PDR.
For local expertise in Vietnam, global firms choose VDB Loi: The Vietnam team is providing tax advice on a cross-border transaction for a top corporate advisory firm.
Corporate and regulatory services in Myanmar: VDB Loi is assisting a global telco with its corporate and regulatory compliance in Myanmar.
- Maximizing Benefits from Investment Incentives (VDB Loi Insights)
- Is Land Acquisition the Real Reason Behind the Unbearable Delay of Solar Projects? (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Hosts Major Seminar on Renewable Energy in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year