INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
Prakas No. 100 on Conditions and Procedures of Granting Permits to Companies Providing Digital Services for Road Transportation, dated 21 June 2021 (“Prakas 100”) were recently issued. Highlights of...
IN THIS ISSUE
Result of the Pre-qualified Bidder for the development of the second phase 40MW solar photovoltaic power plant project in Kampong Chhnang Province, Cambodia
[From our Cambodia Office]
Will Cloud Services Be Subject to VAT and How Vietnam Taxes on Digital Service Provided as Cross Border Transactions?
[From our Vietnam Office]
What is covered under royalty payment in Myanmar?
[From our Taxation Team - Myanmar Office]
Incentives Under Draft Amended Law on Investment
[From our Cambodia Office]
Temporary Relaxation of Licensing Requirements for the Importation of Liquid Oxygen, Medicine, and Medical Equipment Necessary for COVID-19 Treatment and Prevention
[From our Regulatory Team - Myanmar Office]
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Regulatory assistance: The Regulatory team is assisting a global logistics company with meeting the regulatory requirements in Myanmar to ensure its corporate compliance.
Regional tax advisory: The team is assisting with the review of agreements from a tax perspective for distribution in Cambodia and Myanmar for a multinational medical devices and health care company.
Solar power plant acquisition: VDB Loi is assisting a European independent power producer with the acquisition of a solar power plant in Cambodia.
Telecom expertise: The TMT team is advising a leading regional telecommunications company on the operation of a contract for telecom services.
Tax clearance for textile company: VDB Loi is handling the tax clearance and regulatory aspects of the liquidation of a leading textile manufacturing materials supplier.
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year