INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
Share Transfers in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam: Capital Gains Tax Perils, Registration Pitfalls, and Offshore Indirect Transfers
Highlights of this note Some pitfalls in registering an offshore sale of shares in a Cambodian company Frequent disputes on the 0.1% stamp duty for share transfers in Cambodia...
IN THIS ISSUE
Special Permit to Travel in and out of Vientiane Capital during the Lockdown Phase
[From our Laos Office]
All Employers Need To Re-Register With The Labor Authority In Cambodia
[From our Cambodia Office]
Cash Withdrawal Ceiling for Microfinance Institutions
[From our Banking and Finance Team - Myanmar Office]
VDB Loi Litigation Team Bags Historic Win: First Myanmar Court Enforcement of Foreign Verdict in Major Arbitration Case
[From our Dispute Team - Myanmar Office]
Myanmar Issues New Solar Tender for 240-480 MW
[From our Energy and Infrastructure Team - Myanmar Office]
Draft Circular on DPPA for Renewable Energy Project to Collect Public Opinions
[From our Vietnam Office]
OUR UPCOMING EVENTS
11 June 2021, Online Webinar Event
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Natural gas expertise: VDB Loi’s Energy team has been engaged by a leading Asian research institute to advise on the regulatory and policy framework for natural gas pipeline projects in Myanmar.
DTA relief and expatriates: VDB Loi has been engaged by a regional oilfield services company to advise on the personal income tax implications for its expatriates deployed to Myanmar, including possible DTA relief.
Tax advisory on solar power project: Our team is advising a contractor on one of the largest solar power projects in Myanmar on the tax implications of its new contract.
Tax compliance for oil & gas: The Tax team is handling all tax compliance for a company providing LNG regasification services in Myanmar.
Liquidation services: The Regulatory team is handling the regulatory and tax aspects of the liquidation of a multinational analytics company
Acquisition of power plant: Our Cambodian team is presently working hard on the proposed purchase of 100% of an operating power plant.
Winding up of multinational group’s companies in the region: Following a strategic decision, the local subsidiaries in Cambodia and Myanmar of a multinational company in the services industry will be dismantled. VDB Loi’s teams in these countries assist with corporate, tax and employment issues.
Tax structuring advice: Our Vietnam team is assisting a multinational company with regulatory and tax structuring advice for an animal feed manufacturing plant set up in Vietnam in terms of tax efficiency and cash repatriation purposes
Licensing for a mobile gaming project: Our Vietnam teams assist a US based mobile gaming developer to incorporate a subsidiary in Vietnam. We do corporate advice, licensing, tax compliance issues.
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year