INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
Automated System to Apply for E-Commerce Licenses/Permits Available
Under the E-commerce Law, the Ministry of Commerce (“MOC”) and Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications (“MPTC”) are the competent authorities governing the e-commerce sector. The MOC is in charge...
IN THIS ISSUE
Cambodia Releases Latest Power Development Plan
[From our Cambodia Office]
Circular No. 12 dated 20 June 2023 issued by the Banking Regulation and Policy Department of the Bangladesh Bank on “Loan Rescheduling for the Shipbuilding Industry”
[From our Bangladesh Office]
Circular No. 10 dated 21 June 2023 issued by the Foreign Exchange Policy Department of the Bangladesh Bank on “Maintenance of Foreign Currency Accounts for Foreign Investment”
[From our Bangladesh Office]
Summary of “Power Grid to Issue Shares for Accounting Adjustment of Long-Held Govt Investment,” Babul Barman, The Financial Express, 15 June 2023
[From our Bangladesh Office]
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Infrastructure market entry in Bangladesh: VDB Loi Bangladesh is advising on the market entry of the investment arm of one of the largest Chinese infrastructure companies.
Ecopark resort in Cambodia: The Cambodia team is assisting on the development of an ecopark resort.
Corporate and M&A work in Laos: The Lao team conducted a legal due diligence on the Lao subsidiary of a Thai logistics company.
Foreign exchange regulatory in Myanmar: VDB Loi Myanmar has been engaged to assist a global leader in power and infrastructure management solutions with obtaining regulatory approval to remit foreign currency out of the country.
Market entry in Vietnam: The Vietnam team is providing legal and tax advice to a leading international engineering company on its market entry and investment fund flow into Vietnam.
VDB LOI NEWS
VDB Loi Hosted the “Opportunities in Renewable Energy and Infrastructure: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam” Seminar in Tokyo
We are delighted to announce that our event on Opportunities in Renewable Energy and Infrastructure in South and Southeast Asia was a great success, with approximately 100 attendees, in Tokyo,...
- Government Increases Subsidies for Pregnant Women and Young Children (VDB Loi Insights)
- Vietnam New Regulation from State Bank of Vietnam on Foreign Loans (VDB Loi Insights)
- Automated System to Apply for E-Commerce Licenses/Permits Available (VDB Loi Insights)
- New National Power Development Plan in Vietnam (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar: Major Changes in the Union Tax Law 2023 (VDB Loi Insights)
- Clean Energy Transition is Additional Drive for Regional Power Trades in South and South East Asia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Maximizing Benefits from Investment Incentives (VDB Loi Insights)
- Is Land Acquisition the Real Reason Behind the Unbearable Delay of Solar Projects? (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Hosts Major Seminar on Renewable Energy in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year