Home » Bangladesh Publication » Acquiring a Bangladesh Renewables Project During Its Development Phase: Which Projects Are Available for Investment or Acquisition? What Are the Key Things to Know?
Acquiring a Bangladesh Renewables Project During Its Development Phase: Which Projects Are Available for Investment or Acquisition? What Are the Key Things to Know?March 14, 2022
We are aware of at least 10 to 12 renewable power projects which have some kind of Government preliminary approval, but which have not yet reached financial close or commenced major construction. The majority of these are open to investment or sometimes, a financing solution.
Highlights of this note
- Which Renewable Power Projects in Development May Be Open to Investment or Acquisition?
- Which Government Approvals Have Already Been Secured by the Brownfield Projects?
- How Long Is a BPDB “letter of Intent” Valid?
- Can a Brownfield Project Be Transferred to a New Owner?
- How Does the Land Acquisition Work?
- What Are the Key Commercial Terms of Bangladesh PPAs for Renewables?
- Circular No. 06 dated 2 March 2023 issued by the Banking Regulation and Policy Department of the Bangladesh Bank on “Exemption from the General Credit Limit under Section 26B(1) of the Bank Company Act 1991 for Electricity Producing Companies”
- March 31, 2023
- Bill No. 06 dated 22 January 2023 issued by Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission (“BERC”) on “Amendment of the Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission Act 2003”
- January 25, 2023
- Parliament re-enacted the law named Bangladesh Oil, Gas and Mineral Corporation Ordinance, 1985 to Bangladesh Oil, Gas and Mineral Corporation Act 2022, dated 20 November 2022.
- November 23, 2022
- Parliamentary Amendment on Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission 2017, dated 20 November 2022.
- November 21, 2022
- SRO No. 255-Law/2022, on “The Air Pollution Rules 2022”, dated 25 July 2022
- October 31, 2022