INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
VDB Loi Myanmar Wins the 2019 IFLR Most Innovative National Firm of the Year Award
Yangon, Myanmar (March 2019) – International Financial Law Review (IFLR) has announced the winners of the annual IFLR Asia-Pacific Awards. VDB Loi received the Most Innovative National Firm (Myanmar)...
IN THIS ISSUE
10 Frequently Asked Questions About the Myanmar Trademark Law 2019
[From our Telecommunication, Media and Technology Team]
Second chance to re-register your company before being struck off the registry
[From our Regulatory Team]
Enactment of Specific Goods Tax regulations: more compliance requirements for producers?
[From our Taxation Team]
Cambodia Tax Alert: Additional Incentive for Qualified Investment Project
[From our Cambodia Office]
Cambodia Legal Alert: Deadline Fast Approaching for Work Permit Renewals
[From our Cambodia Office]
OUR UPCOMING EVENTS
9 March 2019, Yangon
16 March 2019, Yangon
19 June 2019, Tokyo
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
VDB Loi was chosen by a leading travel and tour company to assist with its legal and tax compliance in preparation for an incoming offshore investment.
The Banking and Finance Team worked on a project related to the preparation of a template loan document for the issuance of subordinated debt. This follows a very recent issuance of a new CBM Subordinated Debt Directive No. (3/2019) dated 24 January 2019, which provides for detailed requirements for subordinated debt that can be included into supplementary capital or Tier 2 capital of a Myanmar bank.
Our firm’s expert tax consultants were chosen by one of Myanmar’s largest public companies this month. The team provided a review of the company’s accounting systems, compliance and tax obligations, as well as advice on restructuring.
Our Banking and Finance team continued to support the local microfinance industry in February, assisting with loans from two of Myanmar’s largest banks and several other offshore loans from development banks.
NEW MYANMAR LAWS AND REGULATIONS THIS MONTH
Newly enacted for the protection of Patents rights
Upgrading the old law of Protection and preservation of Cultural Heritage regions law and repealed the old law enacted in 1998
Newly enacted and replaced the old one of 2014
Newly enacted for the safety and the good health condition on different employment sectors
VDB LOI NEWS
VDB Loi’s support for Chin State investment
VDB Loi co-organized the Chin State Investment Forum this month at the Myanmar Convention Center in Yangon. Myanmar’s Vice President U Myint Swe opened the event, and was joined...
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year