INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender?
On 1 December 2020, Cambodia’s public utility the Electricité du Cambodge (“EDC”) launched a tender for the second phase of its National Solar Park project. The first phase, 60MW,...
IN THIS ISSUE
Cambodia – Tax Changes and Relief Affecting Your 2020 Corporate Income Tax Return
[From our Camboida Office]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step… A practical step plan for expatriate’s return and travel to Myanmar in the current conditions
[From our Myanmar Office]
Lao PDR Takes Progressive Measures to Promote Foreign Trade
[From our Laos Office]
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
VDB Loi’s tax expertise is well-known by major infrastructure developers in Myanmar: The Tax team has been chosen to handle all tax compliance matters for the company set up by the sponsors to develop and operate an industrial park in a special economic zone in Myanmar.
Clients choose VDB Loi for its breadth of services: The Corporate and Energy teams are advising a major player in the oil and gas sector on the structuring and implementation of its retail business in Myanmar in partnership with an existing local conglomerate.
Market entry of retail food multinational: VDB Loi is assisting on all aspects of the market entry of a multinational company involved in the retail sale and delivery of food products.
Growing renewable energy practice in Cambodia: VDB Loi in Cambodia is providing legal and tax structuring and advisory services ahead of the bid submission for the National Solar Park (Phase 2) tender with Electricite du Cambodge.
VDB Loi’s Energy team brings a unique level of expertise to its clients: The Energy team has been engaged by three different energy companies for a review of the operation of three different existing power projects in Myanmar.
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year