INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law On Property Development in Cambodia
In the wake of the tragic and fatal building collapse in Sihanoukville June this year, the new and hotly debated Construction Law has come into force on 2 November...
IN THIS ISSUE
[From our Energy and Infrastructure]
電気がなければ仕事ができない。道路、港、鉄道がなければ移動できない。 電気などのインフラはミャンマーの大きな経済成長と国民繁栄への扉を開ける鍵である。電力事業、有料道路事業、水道事業、鉄道事業などへの投資を危険に晒したいと考える投資家はいない ハイライト 先ず、ミャンマーの評判をあげること。 契約を履行し支払いを実行する外国投資家を保証する。 政府間レベル案件の支援を保証する「アンブレラノート」の利用。 最大限に個人投資を増やす。 取引条件交渉のやり方は変わらなければならない。 追記
New round of foreign bank licensing in Myanmar
[From our Banking and Finance]
On 7 November 2019 the Central Bank of Myanmar issued announcement confirming that a third round of foreign bank licensing will be initiated and...
Myanmar reduces Stamp Duty penalties
[From our Taxation]
Stamp Duty (“SD”) is applicable on all chargeable instruments unless explicitly exempted under Schedule 1 of the Myanmar Stamp Act 1899 (“MSA”). Chargeable instruments...
OUR UPCOMING EVENTS
Breakfast seminar: Managing the evolving transfer pricing landscape in Cambodia
5 December 2019, Phnom Penh
The New Framework for Land Acquisition in Myanmar
11 December 2019, Yangon
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Cambodia’s largest solar project: Our Energy Infratructure team has been selected to assist Cambodia’s largest solar project to date. Our team will be advising on structure, PPA and other project documents, land acquisition and financing. We are also mandated to secure all permits and licenses for the project.
Land acquisition services in overdrive: VDB Loi’s Land Acquisition team is running in overdrive to secure approvals for the project site of Myanmar’s latest energy facility. We are preparing land documents, assisting in negotiations and we secure land related approvals from authorities at several levels of Government.
Banking environment research: A European bilateral development agency has engaged VDB Loi to conduct research on the Myanmar banking regulatory landscape, and a review and sanction searches of four banks.
Major telecom infrastructure project: The TMT team is advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of the construction of a submarine fiber optic cable and data center.
Tax structuring advice in the mobile money space: The tax team is advising the client of a leading international accounting firm on the tax implications of structuring arrangements for the provision of payment solutions in relation to the sale of digital content.
Financing of a microfinance institution: Our Banking and Finance team has been assisting a European impact investor on its lending to a rural microfinance institution in Myanmar.
- Maximizing Benefits from Investment Incentives (VDB Loi Insights)
- Is Land Acquisition the Real Reason Behind the Unbearable Delay of Solar Projects? (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Hosts Major Seminar on Renewable Energy in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year