INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
On the night of 14 April, the Cambodian Government ordered a number of restrictions in response to the recent rise in COVID-19 infections by means of Decision nr. 49...
IN THIS ISSUE
Cambodia Monthly Tax Filing Delayed
[From our Cambodia Office]
The Cambodian tax authority, the General Department of Taxation (“GDT”), has instituted an extension for all monthly tax returns normally due on 25 April. ...
Overview of Recent Notifications Issued by the Central Bank of Myanmar
[From our Banking and Finance Team - Myanmar Office]
Below is a brief summary of some of the recent directives and instructions issued by the Central Bank of Myanmar (“CBM”). Minimum Reserve Requirement...
Covid 19 New Order – VDB Loi Operations During Phnom Penh Lockdown
[From our Cambodia Office]
In accordance with the recent Government directed business closures and stay-at-home orders, we would like to inform you as follows: VDB Loi in Phnom...
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Loan assistance: Our Banking and Finance team assisted an online food and grocery delivery multinational with approval to bring in an offshore loan.
Payroll services: VDB Loi is engaged by numerous multinational clients to assist with their employee payroll processing.
Mixed-use development project in Cambodia: We provided market entry advice on the development of a mixed-use condominium project for a leading regional real estate developer.
Employment and labor: Our team is advising a global data analytics company on liquidation and the associated employment issues.
- Maximizing Benefits from Investment Incentives (VDB Loi Insights)
- Is Land Acquisition the Real Reason Behind the Unbearable Delay of Solar Projects? (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Hosts Major Seminar on Renewable Energy in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year