INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects
The PPP Center, created in late 2018 pursuant to the Project Bank Notification, has finally issued its first notification on guidelines for unsolicited proposals, dated 2 October 2020 (the...
IN THIS ISSUE
Key Updates on Myanmar Withholding Tax Implications on Offshore Services
[From our Taxation Team]
[From our Energy and Infrastructure]
入札提案書の審査が終わり第一次落札者は決まった。2020年6月に告知されたミャンマーでは最大激戦と言われる再生可能エネルギーに関する入札の焦点は落札企業が本当にプロジェクトを履行し入札で定められた厳しいスケジュール内で完成させられるかに移った。 ハイライト（要点） 入札書作成の準備時間が本当に短かったのだろうか。 中国企業は政府から不公平なアドバンテージを受けていたのだろうか。 電気代はいくらであろか。 果たして、プロジェクトは予定通り履行されるのか。 同様の入札が今後もあるのだろうか。従来のネゴベースの査定はあるのか
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Food and Drug Administration approvals: VDB Loi’s Regulatory team is assisting a major producer of nutritional beverages and energy drinks to obtain FDA approval to import and distribute its products in Myanmar.
Government liaison work for solar project: VDB Loi is advising the sponsor of a solar power project in Mandalay region with all liaison work with the governmental authorities for the implementation of its project.
Tax and regulatory advisory for market entry and operations: VDB Loi is advising a global leader in engineering and construction on company establishment and the tax implications of the service arrangements for a power project in Myanmar.
Tax advisory for EPCI project: The Tax team has been engaged by a multinational oilfield services company to provide advice on tax implications and structuring for its complex onshore and offshore service arrangements for a project in Myanmar.
Advisory for international law firm: VDB Loi is advising a multinational law firm on Myanmar compliance issues for legal advisory services.
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year