INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
The evolving pandemic has substantial implications on all sectors and forms of business. In this report VDB Loi banking and finance experts are looking in particular detail into possible...
IN THIS ISSUE
Myanmar’s COVID-19 Economic Relief Plan: Navigating Tough Times With Tax Reliefs
[From our Taxation Team]
The Office of the President issued Order 1/2020 related to Union Tax Law (“Order”), which prevails as the law, on 12 June 2020. The...
VAT Guideline on Business Asset Disposals
[From our Cambodia Office]
On 5 May 2020, the General Department of Taxation (“GDT”) issued a guideline on the value added tax (“VAT”) treatment of business asset disposals....
The New Mechanism for Encouraging the Solar Power Development in Vietnam
[From our Vietnam Office]
Nearly nine months after June 30 2019, when the preferential price for solar power of US9.35 cents per kWh expired, the new price of...
OUR UPCOMING EVENTS
Myanmar Solar Tender Update: Bid Clarifications and Tax Structure
2 July 2020, Live Webinar Event
Digital Service Tax in Indonesia from International Taxation Perspective
4 July 2020, Live Webinar Event
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Tax structuring of power projects: Our expert Tax team is assisting a regional oil & gas company with the tax structuring of its domestic gas-to-power project.
VDB Loi remains at the forefront of Myanmar’s microfinance expansion: Our Banking and Finance team has acted for a European DFI on its financing of one of the largest microfinance institutions in Myanmar.
Intellectual property work: VDB Loi is handling the trademark registration for a regional power company.
Regulatory compliance: The Regulatory Team is assisting a major regional power company with its MIC and corporate compliance.
Tax planning for solar power bid: The Tax team is advising a European renewable energy company on the tax implications of its planned solar power project bid.
VDB LOI NEWS
VDB Loi Advises Ever Flow River Group On Its Listing On The Yangon Stock Exchange
Ever Flow River Group (“EFR“) is a fully integrated total logistics service provider. In order to be a contributor to the Myanmar economy, EFR intends to invest and develop...
VDB Loi Lands Three Nominations For The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
The International Tax Review (ITR) Asia Tax Awards acknowledge extraordinary achievements and developments by international tax professionals from the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region annually. This year, VDB Loi is honored to be nominated in three categories: Myanmar...
- Maximizing Benefits from Investment Incentives (VDB Loi Insights)
- Is Land Acquisition the Real Reason Behind the Unbearable Delay of Solar Projects? (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Hosts Major Seminar on Renewable Energy in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year