INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
We are pleased to announce that on 26 August 2021, VDB Loi Cambodia received the Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year award by the ITR Asia-Pacific Tax Awards, which...
IN THIS ISSUE
How a Vietnamese employee participates in an offshore ESOP properly and tax implications?
[From our Vietnam Office]
New Directive Issued by the Central Bank of Myanmar on Foreign Employees in Banks
[From our Banking and Finance Team - Myanmar Office]
Legal Update: the Ministry of Commerce Clarifies Rules for Using a Company Name
[From our Cambodia Office]
Expansion of Social Security Contribution Payment Deadline
[From our Taxation Team - Myanmar Office]
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Marketing regulatory advisory: VDB Loi is advising on the compliance requirements of advertising pricing and practice in Myanmar for a multinational medical device company.
E-sport advisory: The TMT team is advising on the licensing requirements and practical legal issues for e-sport activities in Myanmar.
Contract dispute: VDB Loi has been engaged by a regional health and nutrition company to advise on a potential contract dispute regarding payment terms.
Solar power acquisitions in Cambodia: VDB Loi is advising a major Chinese power developer on the acquisition of 4 greenfield solar IPPs in Cambodia totaling 300MW.
Legal due diligence for acquisition in the Lao PDR: VDB Loi assisted a leading Thai energy company with legal due diligence on the acquisition of a 100% equity ownership of a medium-scale hydropower project in the Lao PDR.
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year