INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law On Property Development in Cambodia
In the wake of the tragic and fatal building collapse in Sihanoukville June this year, the new and hotly debated Construction Law has come into force on 2 November...
IN THIS ISSUE
[From our Energy and Infrastructure]
電気がなければ仕事ができない。道路、港、鉄道がなければ移動できない。 電気などのインフラはミャンマーの大きな経済成長と国民繁栄への扉を開ける鍵である。電力事業、有料道路事業、水道事業、鉄道事業などへの投資を危険に晒したいと考える投資家はいない ハイライト 先ず、ミャンマーの評判をあげること。 契約を履行し支払いを実行する外国投資家を保証する。 政府間レベル案件の支援を保証する「アンブレラノート」の利用。 最大限に個人投資を増やす。 取引条件交渉のやり方は変わらなければならない。 追記
New round of foreign bank licensing in Myanmar
[From our Banking and Finance]
Myanmar reduces Stamp Duty penalties
[From our Taxation]
OUR UPCOMING EVENTS
5 December 2019, Phnom Penh
11 December 2019, Yangon
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Cambodia’s largest solar project: Our Energy Infratructure team has been selected to assist Cambodia’s largest solar project to date. Our team will be advising on structure, PPA and other project documents, land acquisition and financing. We are also mandated to secure all permits and licenses for the project.
Land acquisition services in overdrive: VDB Loi’s Land Acquisition team is running in overdrive to secure approvals for the project site of Myanmar’s latest energy facility. We are preparing land documents, assisting in negotiations and we secure land related approvals from authorities at several levels of Government.
Banking environment research: A European bilateral development agency has engaged VDB Loi to conduct research on the Myanmar banking regulatory landscape, and a review and sanction searches of four banks.
Major telecom infrastructure project: The TMT team is advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of the construction of a submarine fiber optic cable and data center.
Tax structuring advice in the mobile money space: The tax team is advising the client of a leading international accounting firm on the tax implications of structuring arrangements for the provision of payment solutions in relation to the sale of digital content.
Financing of a microfinance institution: Our Banking and Finance team has been assisting a European impact investor on its lending to a rural microfinance institution in Myanmar.
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year