INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
VDB Loi Named Myanmar Tax Firm of the Year at International Tax Review 2019 Tax Awards
VDB Loi has received yet another award and is proud to be recognized as the Myanmar Tax Firm of the Year at the International Tax Review (ITR) 2019 Asia...
IN THIS ISSUE
Myanmar Power Barges: Legal and Tax Issues
[From our Energy and Infrastructure Team, Myanmar]
10 Frequently Asked Questions about the Myanmar Industrial Design Rights Law 2019
[From our Telecom, Media and Technology Team, Myanmar]
Central Bank of Myanmar provides a warning against the risks of transactions with cryptocurrencies
[From our Banking and Finance Team, Myanmar]
Change of the Income Year in Myanmar: What Do Companies Need to be Aware of?
[From our Taxation Team, Myanmar]
Special Client Alert: Tax Saving Opportunities
[From our Cambodia Office]
Client Alert: Tax treatment of seniority payments clarified and VAT exemption on recruiting and training fees
[From our Cambodia Office]
OUR UPCOMING EVENTS
19 June 2019, Tokyo
The First Environmental Compliance Certificates: What Are the Key Things to Know for Developers and Lenders?
28 June 2019, Yangon
- How does an actual ECC look like?
- Which environmental conditions are imposed on project activities in the ECC?
- Are public consultations a legal requirement?
- Can you start preparation or construction without the ECC?
- From EIA to ECC: process and actors
- Who can oppose an ECC being issued and how can that be resolved?
- Can an ECC be transferred?
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Market entry expertise: We are providing legal and tax advice to a European renewable energy company on its market entry into Myanmar.
Tower acquisition: VDB Loi’s TMT team has been engaged by a leading regional telecommunications company to assist with all aspects of its tower acquisition deal.
Tax team breaks new ground: VDB Loi’s tax team is assisting a regional oil & gas company with its precedent-setting appeal to the Large Taxpayers’ Office.
New renewable energy projects: The Energy and Infrastructure team is advising a foreign player on the development of various wind power projects, including drafting of the power purchase agreement with the Electric Power Generation Enterprise. The team is also acting as local counsel for a consortium on the development of a reservoir hydropower project in northern Myanmar.
NEW MYANMAR LAWS AND REGULATIONS THIS MONTH
Bill on Industrial Zone Law
Newly drafted to control the Industrial Zone Land permits
Bill on Law amending the Union Judiciary Law
Mainly changed on the appointment of Judges by Chief Justice
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year