INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
For the second consecutive year, VDB Loi Myanmar has managed to claim the coveted International Tax Review (ITR) Tax Firm of the Year award in 2020, in addition to winning this...
IN THIS ISSUE
New Batch of Projects Fed Into the Project Bank
[From our Energy and Infrastructure Team]
As Myanmar is experiencing a new wave of local COVID-19 transmissions and the outbreak is continuing to disrupt Myanmar’s economy and business operations, the...
Insurance Law Amended – Key Changes in the Insurance Regime of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic
[From our Laos Office]
The Law on Insurance (amended) No. 78/NA dated 29 November 2019, (the “Amended Insurance Law”) came into effect on 14 April 2020, after it...
Lao PDR Amends Its Land Law – What’s New?
[From our Laos Office]
Today sees the entry into force of the new Law on Land No. 70/NA dated 21 June 2019 (the “2019 Land Law”), which among...
Continued Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Slightly Higher Income Tax Rates
[From our Taxation Team]
If an individual or a company is buying a capital asset or making an investment, the source of income is required to be provided...
Cambodia Legal Update – Labor Law – Deadline to Apply for Foreign Employees Quota Approval for 2021
[From our Cambodia Office]
Employers should be aware that 2021 labor compliance deadlines are approaching. The period to apply to the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training (“MLVT”)...
Capital Gains Tax
[From our Cambodia Office]
Capital Gains Tax (“CGT”) has finally been introduced in Cambodia by Prakas no. 356 MEF.Prk dated 1 April 2020, issued by the Ministry of...
OUR UPCOMING EVENTS
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Expertise on M&As: We are acting for a consortium of investors on the acquisition of a company involved in the distribution of consumer products in the renewable energy space.
Cross-border tax planning: VDB Loi is providing a Singaporean distributor of downstream oil & gas products with cross-border tax planning and structuring advice for its entities in Myanmar.
Tax advisory for infrastructure projects: We are advising a Chinese construction company on the tax implications of its infrastructure projects in Myanmar.
Market entry expertise: MNCs from a variety of industries rely on VDB Loi’s experts to provide their incisive knowledge and understanding of the Myanmar business and regulatory environment for their market entries.
Licensing for international investors: VDB Loi’s Licensing team assists international investors, Including a regional engineering company and a global telco, with their licensing and corporate compliance matters.
- Myanmar: Major Changes in the Union Tax Law 2023 (VDB Loi Insights)
- Clean Energy Transition is Additional Drive for Regional Power Trades in South and South East Asia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Maximizing Benefits from Investment Incentives (VDB Loi Insights)
- Is Land Acquisition the Real Reason Behind the Unbearable Delay of Solar Projects? (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Hosts Major Seminar on Renewable Energy in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year