INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
New Civil Code of the Lao PDR: Key Changes to the Secured Transaction Law
The efficacy of a country’s legislative framework in regulating and implementing secured transactions significantly influences credit accessibility in the domestic market, an essential factor in driving economic growth. In...
IN THIS ISSUE
The MOC releases new list of goods that require an import license
[From our Regulatory Team - Myanmar Office]
For approximately 4,000 types of goods, import licenses are required in order to import these products into Myanmar as per the new Notification 68/2020,...
Cambodia’s New Rules for International Travel: What Has Changed and How Does it Really Work?
[From our Cambodia Office]
In response to several COVID incidents linked to international travel and foreign diplomats, the Cambodian Ministry of Health is sharpening the measures applicable to...
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Agreement drafting and negotiation for power projects: The Energy and Infrastructure team has drafted and negotiated the shareholders’ agreement and the EPC agreements for the sponsors for three power projects totaling over 100MW located in Northern Myanmar.
Top-tier international law firms trust VDB Loi: VDB Loi is handling the ongoing Myanmar corporate compliance for the client of a major international law.
Tax ruling: A global infrastructure services company involved in a major construction project in Myanmar has engaged VDB Loi to obtain a ruling on tax exemptions for its foreign employees.
Microfinance advisory: We have been engaged by a European impact investor to advise on a share subscription plan for an MFI in Myanmar.
Power plant acquisition: We are advising a local player on the acquisition of an equity interest in a local thermal power plant.
VDB LOI NEWS
VDB LOI Nominated For IFLR Asia-Pacific 2020 Women In Business Law Awards
IFLR’s Women In Business Law Awards Asia-Pacific 2020 honors women at the forefront of legal work in business law as well as firms that lead the way in the...
- Maximizing Benefits from Investment Incentives (VDB Loi Insights)
- Is Land Acquisition the Real Reason Behind the Unbearable Delay of Solar Projects? (VDB Loi Insights)
- VDB Loi Hosts Major Seminar on Renewable Energy in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Opportunities for Renewable Energy and Grid Reinforcement in Cambodia (VDB Loi Insights)
- Foreign Construction Contractor in Vietnam: Local Compliance Framework (VDB Loi Insights)
- Setting Up Or Acquiring Manufacturing Business In Vietnam
- Pathway to an Independent Power Project in Vietnam
- Foreign loans for Vietnamese borrowers – Q&A
- Green Finance in Southeast Asia
- How Does Bangladesh’s Blockchain Strategy Look Like?
- VDB Loi Cambodia Wins IFLR Asia-Pacific National Law Firm of the Year Award
- Will Income From Cryptocurrency Be Taxed In Vietnam? (VDB Loi Insights)
- The New Laws on Investment and Public-private Partnership: Setting the Foundation for Advanced Private Investment Landscape in Cambodia
- Bangladesh Project Finance Update: Some New Developments and Practices on the Local Aspects of Cross-border Financing in Bangladesh
- Update on Investment Licensing in Bangladesh: New BIDA Practices
- Intra Group Services – Are Cambodian Taxpayers Waving a Red Flag to the GDT? Part One
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year