INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
Power Surge at MOEE
Quite an eventful week for the power sector in Myanmar with the announcement of new electricity tariff for customers, the issuance of tender documents for five rental projects as...
IN THIS ISSUE
INGOs and NGOs Providing Microfinance Services Are Required to Transform Into Corporate Entities in Myanmar
[From our Energy and Infrastructure Team]
On 4 June 2019, the Financial Regulatory Department (“FRD”) issued a letter (“Letter”) directing International Non-Governmental Organizations (“INGOs”) and Non-Governmental Organizations (“NGOs”) which provide...
MBSC’s directive on interest rates on micro-credits and savings
[From our Banking and Finance Team]
OUR UPCOMING EVENTS
6 July 2019, Yangon
- Ways to properly engage with your employees.
- How can you efficiently craft your EVP?
- What are the factors that will drive away good employees?
- How to avoid labor disputes in the workplace?
- What are the procedures to settle labor disputes?
- What are companies doing to attract and retain talents?
5 August 2019, Singapore
- Deal roundup
- Due diligence case studies
- Deal structuring
- Local approvals and government guarantees
- Security package and debt enforcement
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Project financing: VDB Loi is acting for a Chinese multinational banking company on its multimillion dollar financing for a leading Myanmar conglomerate involved in infrastructure and development activities. The team is conducting due diligence and assisting with documentation and completion of the deal.
Engaged by numerous foreign investors for our regulatory and corporate compliance expertise: VDB Loi is advising a large Vietnamese conglomerate on labor and corporate compliance matters. We are also assisting a number of repeat clients with company incorporation matters.
NEW MYANMAR LAWS AND REGULATIONS THIS MONTH
Law amending Bar Council Act (Law No: 21/ 2019)
Newly enacted for the formation of a new Bar council members
Tax Administration Law (Law No: 20/ 2019)
Newly drafted for the developments of tax administration
Law amending the investment law (Law No: 19/ 2019)
Mainly changed on the definition of Ministry
VDB LOI NEWS
VDB Loi Hosted the “CLMV (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam) Projects and Finance Update” Event in Tokyo
VDB Loi successfully hosted the “CLMV (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam) Projects and Finance Update” event in Tokyo, Japan today (June 25). We thank our partners, Japan Institute for...
VDB Loi Champion, Phoe Bushido Thaw Wins Again in Shanghai
After training in the United States with the partial sponsorship of VDB Loi, Phoe Bushido Thaw faced an Indonesian opponent at the One Legendary Quest event in Shanghai on...
- VDB Loi Cambodia Awarded Cambodia Tax Firm of the Year
- New Regulation in Cambodia on Road Transportation Services Provided With the Use of Digital Technologies
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year