INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
Breaking news! Finally released, instructions on the implementation of the Income Tax Law!
On 10 February 2021, the Minister of Finance issued Instruction No. 0819/MoF (the “Instruction”) to implement the Income Tax Law No. 67/NA dated 18 June 2019. There are a...
IN THIS ISSUE
More Bids Than Expected at Cambodia’s 40 MW Solar tender
[From our Cambodia Office]
Year in Review: Developments in Banking Regulations of Central Bank of Myanmar – 2020
[From our Banking and Finance Team]
Cambodia – Tax Changes and Relief Affecting Your 2020 Corporate Income Tax Return
[From our Cambodia Office]
Temporary Suspension of Employment Contract Registration for Expats?
[From our Corporate M&A Team]
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
Project advisory solar power: VDB Loi is advising a Myanmar conglomerate on land and joint venture matters in relation to five solar power projects under development in Myanmar.
Tax advisory services: VDB Loi’s Tax team provided tax structuring and compliance advice for a leading Asian healthcare services provider.
Tax team trusted by local and foreign companies alike: VDB Loi has been engaged by a number of local foreign companies for their tax compliance needs, including a leading Southeast Asia food and beverage company.
Lenders choose VDB Loi: We are advising a Chinese multinational banking company on potential remedies and options for enforcement actions against a borrower.
TMT expertise: VDB Loi has been engaged by a leading European law firm to review terms of services and data privacy policies for online content services for their compliance with Myanmar law.
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year