Home » Myanmar Publications » Labor Disputes in Myanmar: A Review of Some Interesting Labor Arbitration Council Decisions
Labor Disputes in Myanmar: A Review of Some Interesting Labor Arbitration Council DecisionsMarch 17, 2017
As foreign enterprises continue flock to Myanmar, lured by a robust investment landscape and the recent easing of US sanctions, they must also contend with a new reality – more labor protection and a special labor disputes arbitration system.
Highlights of this note
- Terminate after three warnings
- Profanity at workplace – is it a reason for immediate termination?
- Social justice and equity considerations
- Can you fire employees for economic reasons?
- Thou shall not steal
- VDB Loi Litigation Team Bags Historic Win: First Myanmar Court Enforcement of Foreign Verdict in Major Arbitration Case
- May 25, 2021
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step… A practical step plan for expatriate’s return and travel to Myanmar in the current conditions
- December 4, 2020
- Fighting a Court Battle in the Midst of an Outbreak?
- March 24, 2020
- Can you sue a dissolved company?
- October 31, 2019
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- September 30, 2019