Myanmar LNG Update 2017September 25, 2017
On 9 September 2016, the Myanmar Ministry of Electricity and Energy (MOEE), through the Myanmar Oil and Gas Enterprise, (MOGE), published a request for Expressions of Interest for the “bulk supply and or terminal of LNG in Myanmar”.
- The Myanmar government’s interest in LNG
- How much LNG does Myanmar need?
- No long term LNG contracts to purchase LNG?
- Possible sites for the FSRU
- Integrated with a power project?
- Foreign ownership restrictions
- Approval process
- Investment licensing (the MIC permit)
- Pipeline versus Transmission line in Myanmar
- Sovereign guarantees in Myanmar
- Environmental and Social