VDB Loi Connects Bidders with Available Land for Solar Tender in MyanmarMay 31, 2020
VDB Loi is trying to do its part in Myanmar’s efforts to stimulate the economy after the COVID-19 pandemic. As the Ministry of Electricity and Energy has launched a 1 Gig solar project tender, we have asked our relationships at state and regional governments, local clients and other contacts if they have any suitable land plots available.
We have received information about several dozen land plots throughout Myanmar in the townships indicated in the RFP of the tender of sizes that are sufficient for 30-50 MW solar projects. We expect more information to come in in the next few days.
If you are seeking for available land in the below townships, let us know and we will refer you to the local party offering the land.
We are doing this entirely free of charge, in the hope that parties may find each other and a project can be made possible. Please note that we have not carried out any verification or due diligence on the land in question.
In the below townships we have information about available land:
- Pakkou Town, Magway Region
- 90-160 acres of farmland, 10 km from the substation
- Pauk Township, Magway Region
- 150 acres of private farmland approximately 4.8 km from the substation
- Kyaukse Town, Mandalay Region
- 150 acres of state owned VFV land approximately 14.5 km from the substation
- Oaktwin Township, Balo Region
- Up to 1000 acres of land available
- Bago Township, Bago Region
- Plot 1 – 150 acres of state owned VFV land approximately 4.8 km form the substation
- Plot 2 – 150 acres of private farm land approximately 0.5km from the substation
- Plot 3 – 150 acres of state owned farm land approximately 16km from the substation
- Padaung Township, Bago Region
- 120 acres, 10 km from the substation
- Shwepyithar Township, Yangon Region
- 90 acres of private farmland with possibility to access neighboring land
- Nay Pyi Taw
- Plot 1: 100 acres farmland, 3 km from the substation
- Plot 2: 100 acres, 4 km from the substation
- Plot 3: 150 acres, 4 km from the substation (includes right of way for T-line)
- 8 acres of private farmland plus additional acres of grant land and permit/licensed land with possibility to access neighboring land