Home » Cambodia Publication » Who pays self-quarantined employees? Cambodian Labor Law facing the COVID-19 pandemic
Who pays self-quarantined employees? Cambodian Labor Law facing the COVID-19 pandemicMarch 26, 2020
Sickness is a paid leave permitted by the Labor Law (Article 169). Therefore, during sickness, employer needs to pay the salary of his employee.
Highlights of this note
- If an employee falls sick, who pay the salary?
- What if an employee wants to stay home to take care of children or school closed or child is sick?
- What if public transport closed and employee cannot get to work?
- Is an employee entitled to work from home?
- If an employee self-quarantines, does this count as annual leave, normal working day or leave of absence?
- Can an employer oblige an employee to self-quarantine? Can employer terminate the employee for refusing?
- If an employer is informed one employee tests positive, or has a test pending, what must or may the employer tell the other employees?
- Do Cambodia Transfer Pricing Regulations Provide That Third Party Companies in a Benchmarking Study May Not Have +20% Shareholders?
- May 19, 2023
- Streamlined Process for Business Mergers Introduced in Cambodia’s New Sub-decree
- May 3, 2023
- Clean Energy Transition is Additional Drive for Regional Power Trades in South and South East Asia
- March 30, 2023
- Regulatory Update on the Implementation of the Competition Law
- March 2, 2023
- Notification No. 5735 GDT dated 16 February 2023 issued by the General Department of Taxation on “Annual Tax on Income Filing for 2022”
- February 27, 2023