Cambodia Announces Tender for 100MW Solar PlantFebruary 15, 2019
Electricite du Cambodge (“EDC”) has finally issued the long-awaited tender for the development of a 60MW solar power plant to be connected to the national grid, which is Phase 1 of a planned 100MW solar power park.
On 13 February 2019, EDC issued an invitation for bids for the development, design, finance, construction, operation, and maintenance of the 60MW solar power plant project in Kampong Chhnang province on a Build-Own-Operate basis.
EDC will be the executive agency for the project and will run the bidding process. It will also sign a Power Purchase Agreement with the awarded bidder. Other key documents and permits include, among others, an Implementation Agreement with the Ministry of Mines and Energy, and a generation license, which will be granted by the Electricity Authority of Cambodia. Investment permits will likely be necessary as well.
The ceiling for the tariff to be offered is 7.6 cents/kWh.
The proposals will contain three envelopes, which will be evaluated consecutively by EDC as follows:
- Only proposals meeting the pre-qualification requirements will be examined
- Pre-qualified bidders will have their technical proposals examined
- Those with satisfactory technical proposals will then have their financial proposals examined
It is important to note that a US$500,000 bank guarantee (from a Cambodian bank) must accompany the proposal.
The deadline for the submission of offers is 17 May 2019 at 10:00A.M. and interested developers can obtain the packet of instruction documents and requirements from EDC upon payment of the required fee.
If you have any questions regarding this update, feel free to contact us.
VDB Loi is a network of leading law and tax advisory firms with offices in Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam. We provide the highest quality solutions for transactions and taxation. Our general areas of practice are corporate, finance, licensing and disputes. Our principal specialized areas of practice are energy, infrastructure, real estate and construction, telecom, and taxation.
You can find more information on our Cambodia office here.
- Do Cambodia Transfer Pricing Regulations Provide That Third Party Companies in a Benchmarking Study May Not Have +20% Shareholders?
- May 19, 2023
- Streamlined Process for Business Mergers Introduced in Cambodia’s New Sub-decree
- May 3, 2023
- Clean Energy Transition is Additional Drive for Regional Power Trades in South and South East Asia
- March 30, 2023
- Regulatory Update on the Implementation of the Competition Law
- March 2, 2023
- New Rules Guiding Real Estate Service Businesses Issued
- February 2, 2023