Some Issues to Consider for Toll Road PPP Projects in MyanmarJune 28, 2018
The Union Ministry of Construction, in coordination with the Union Ministry of Transport and Communication, and the Yangon Regional Government seeks to implement its first ever elevated expressway, the Yangon Elevated Expressway.
- Situation of existing toll roads in Myanmar
- Myanmar has a lot of experience with toll road bot contracts, but not the right kind
- Flexibility will be needed in the project structure
- How are government counterparts likely to perceive certain key commercial terms?
- Land rights of the project
- Direct agreement with the lenders?
- Progress on the documentation
- The new landscape for the sovereign guarantee
- Investment incentives
- Foreign companies are added to the exemption list of mandatory forex conversion
- February 28, 2023
- Importers/Exporters can request approval to buy USD through the Ministry of Commerce
- April 20, 2022
- Trade Department Adds to the List of Goods Requiring an Import /Export License
- March 30, 2022
- Myanmar Issues New Solar Tender for 240-480 MW
- May 28, 2021
- January 11, 2021