Employment Disputes and Compliance Update
Breakfast Briefing @ Pan Pacific, Yangon
11th October 2018, 09.00am to 11.00am
Registration starts at 8.30am
- Dispute Settlement Structure – Which jurisdiction to choose?
- Which department takes care of which matters of disputes?
- Proper procedure for terminating an employment agreement.
- Labor arbitration, back to the courts or both? Changes following the Ministry of Labor, Immigration and Population Letter of 1 June 2018?
- Compliance update: new rules and practices you need to know on dismissal and minimum wage
- Can you dismiss an employee on the spot for being rude or drunk?
- Can the employer announce the dismissal of an employee publicly?
- Free lancers, directors and consultants: the same rights as employees?
- Legal implications of employees posting comments on Facebook
- Which strikes are legal? Can you terminate employees for an illegal strike?
- Can you deviate from the Template Employment Contract?
VDB Loi is a network of leading law and tax advisory firms with offices in Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam.
Our general areas of practice are corporate, finance, licensing and disputes. Our principal specialized areas of practice are energy, infrastructure, real estate and construction , telecom and taxation.
Edwin Vanderbruggen | Senior Partner
M/Whatsapp: +95 (0) 9975327699 | W: www.vdb-loi.com
Yangon: Tel: +951 9253752(-until 756) Level 10, Units 01 until 05, Junction City Office Tower,
Corner of Bogyoke Aung San Road and 27th Street, Pabedan Township
Nay Pyi Taw: T: + 95 678 106 089 ParkRoyal Hotel Nay Pyi Taw, Dekhina Thiri Tsp
- LAST YEAR 25% TO 33% OF APPROVED FDI OBTAINED THEIR MIC PERMIT THROUGH VDB LOI. READ MORE
- OUR ENERGY TEAM WORKED ON 6 OUT OF 7 POWER DEALS SIGNED LAST YEAR IN MYANMAR. READ MORE
- CHECK OUT THE EXPERIENCE OF OUR DISPUTES TEAM. READ MORE
- WHAT IS DIFFERENT ABOUT OUR APPROACH?. READ MORE