Home » Myanmar Publications » Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and RehabilitationAugust 30, 2019
On 19 August 2019, the Union Parliament of Myanmar, Pyidaungsu Hluttaw, enacted Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation Law (Pyidaungsu Hluttaw Law No. 24/2019) to replace the colonial-era Land Acquisition Act (1894) as well as to provide a legal framework for resettlement and rehabilitation for the first time in Myanmar.
Highlights of this note
- What’s new?
- What are the potential opportunities and challenges?
- The long-anticipated Trademark Law becomes effective on 1 April 2023
- March 17, 2023
- Foreign companies are added to the exemption list of mandatory forex conversion
- February 28, 2023
- Newly Enacted Law on Registration of Association
- November 10, 2022
- All Border Trade Transactions Will Be Allowed Only via Banking System Starting From 1st November 2022
- November 4, 2022
- Myanmar: FATF’s Call for Action to Apply Enhanced Due Diligence Measures
- October 27, 2022