Home » Myanmar Publications » Is COVID-19 a force majeure event in Myanmar construction contracts and power purchase agreements?
Is COVID-19 a force majeure event in Myanmar construction contracts and power purchase agreements?April 29, 2020
As with all sectors of the economy, the infrastructure sector in Myanmar will likely be significantly impacted by the current COVID-19 outbreak. Although there is no nationwide mandated shutdown, delays in construction projects are expected nonetheless.
Highlights of this note
- Force majeure provisions in Myanmar PPAs
- Entitlements for contractors under construction contracts
- When to claim FM?
- Foreign companies are added to the exemption list of mandatory forex conversion
- February 28, 2023
- Importers/Exporters can request approval to buy USD through the Ministry of Commerce
- April 20, 2022
- Trade Department Adds to the List of Goods Requiring an Import /Export License
- March 30, 2022
- Myanmar Issues New Solar Tender for 240-480 MW
- May 28, 2021
- January 11, 2021