The Good News Is You Can Now Get Interim Measures in Bangladesh for a Foreign Arbitration. That Is Also the Bad News.October 23, 2021
In the wake of a 2019 Supreme Court decision allowing Bangladesh courts to issue injunctions in support of foreign arbitration procedures, international commercial disputes with a Bangladesh angle might soon get a lot more complicated.
Highlights of this note
- What happened in the case?
- What is the dispute before the Bangladesh court?
- Why would it be controversial for a Bangladesh court to issue interim measures?
- What did the Supreme Court decide?
- What happens with the bank guarantee and the PPA?
- Some lessons learned from this decision
- Conclusion: commercial disputes in Bangladesh are in for a rollercoaster rise