Should Myanmar Join the International Convention for the Settlement of Investment Disputes?
In an investment dispute between a foreign investor and the Government of the Union of Myanmar, there are several institutions and rules which can be used.
Highlights of this note
- What Are the Pros and Cons of ICSID Arbitration for Myanmar Compared to Non-ICSID Arbitration
- Myanmar’s Dispute Settlement Mechanisms in Existing Investment Treaties
- Will Myanmar Be Overwhelmed With Claims After Joining ICSID?
- Why Do India, Thailand and Vietnam Not Join Icsid, and Why Did Venezuala, Ecuador and Bolivia Leave?
- Conclusions and Recommendations