Thuan is an experienced tax and accounting adviser with over 15 years of work experience. He has advised on the tax implications of large construction and engineering projects, major acquisitions and on several highly publicized real estate developments in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar.
Thuan has assisted property funds with their divestiture in Vietnam and advised multinationals on their corporate restructuring projects. He oversaw the team that reorganized the supply chain for a cosmetic multinational in Vietnam, including customs duty aspects. He specializes in corporate tax strategies for multinationals, banks and investment funds.
Thuan will be in an excellent position to review the tax compliance of the target company.
PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
- Director – VDB Loi – Indochina Legal, Vietnam (2012 – Present)
- Senior Tax Manager – DFDL Mekong (HO CHI MINH CITY -VIETNAM) (2008 – 2012)
- Senior Tax Advisor – Ernst & Young, Ltd, (HO CHI MINH CITY -VIETNAM) (2007 – 2008)
- Senior Tax Advisor – STT Audit & Advisory Partnership (HO CHI MINH CITY -VIETNAM) (2006 – 2007)
- Tax, Accounting Advisor – Saigon Telecommunications Co., Ltd (HO CHI MINH CITY -VIETNAM) 2000 – 2006)
- 2010 – Tax Agent Certificate
- 2008 – ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) student (ongoing)
- 1998 – Bachelor of Economics, Economic University of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam