Nguyen Quoc Tuan
Nguyen Quoc Tuan is a lawyer by profession with over 15 years of experience either as general counsel or attorney.
He was a senior associate at JSM, one of the largest law firms in South East Asia. He mainly:
- Advised clients on M&A transactions; private equity; IPO…
- Acted for developers, the Government of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam on a number of project finance transactions in Vietnam.
- Advised foreign investors on all aspects of their investments in Vietnam.
- Drafted joint venture agreement and various sort of contracts.
- Advising foreign bank branches and State-owned banks in Vietnam on all aspects of banking transactions in Vietnam
- Acted for property owners in leasing matters, financing, land issues and property transfers.
- Advised on real estate transactions, banking and financial matters and all aspects of investments in Vietnam, ranging from investment structures, tax and foreign exchange issues to litigation
He is currently a partner at VDB Loi – Indochina Legal.
PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
- Partner – VDB Loi – Indochina Legal, Vietnam (2008 – Present)
- Senior Associate – Johnson Stokes & Master (2007)
- General counsel – Golden Bridge Ltd
- Project director and in-house lawyer – Badinh Construction Investment JSC
- Operations Manager – Telstra Int’L Asia Pacific, Vietnam (Hanoi, 1997)
- Chairman’s Assistant – Hanoi Lake View Sport JVC (1996)
- Manager’s Legal Assistant – Dumez-GTMI Foreign Company (1995)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Commercial law, tax, corporate law and international transaction, including joint ventures, inward investments, mergers and acquisitions, real-estate and infrastructure projects.
- Litigation services, including debt recovery services, enforcement of securities.
- Master Degree – Master of Business Administration (MBA), Southern California University, USA
- Bachelor Degree – Major in Laws (LL.A), National University, Vietnam
- Bachelor Degree- Major in English, Foreign languages University, Vietnam
- Degree of Management Economic, Hanoi Economic University, Vietnam.