Senior Tax ConsultantLocation: Cambodia
VDB Loi is looking for an experienced Senior Tax Consultant to join a dynamic and successful team within the Tax division of VDB Loi in Phnom Penh. The successful candidate will manage tax assignments and support the Directors on more complex transaction to deliver quality tax services. You will serve as business advisor to our clients aiming to maximize engagement and to achieve qualitative outcomes.
The position is based in the Phnom Penh.
- Helping businesses and individuals create strategies for dealing with tax including tax planning and how best to structure their companies and deals.
- Performs high-level reviews of client tax returns
- Oversees examinations and negotiations with the local tax authorities
- Building relationships and interacting with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise.
- Providing innovative tax solutions to the Firm’s client base, reviewing complex tax transactions and identifying and mitigating possible risks.
- Clearly understanding current laws and keeping up-to-date with any developments
- Research of tax issues on behalf of the Firm and its clients
- Liaison with tax officials and other government authorities
- Participation in knowledge management, professional development and firm administrative activities as requested
- The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience in one or two of the following areas: tax compliance, tax disputes or tax advisory
- University degree in accounting, finance and banking, economics, business, or a related field
- Strong English skills, both written and spoken
- Good technical knowledge of Cambodian taxation
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage a team and to multitask to meet deadlines
- Honesty and integrity
About VDB Loi: www.vdb-loi.com
VDB Loi is a leading International legal and tax advisory firm with eight partners and over 100 lawyers and tax advisors, with offices in Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam, and representatives in Singapore and Tokyo. Our credentials on international taxation are unique in the region – we have extensive experience with corporate, regional tax structuring and other international tax issues.
Please, submit your application to Ms. Aoife Minihane or Ms. Muyhun Lath