Employment Disputes and Compliance Update
Labor disputes are, unfortunately, on the rise. Authorities attempted a major reform, where individual disputes would no longer be admitted to the the Labor Arbitration system. But how did this work out? Are the Myanmar courts back in business when it comes to employment disputes? In this unique workshop hosted by VDB Loi, the next edition in our sought after series of labor issues seminars, our experts share their practical experience with employment disputes, actual cases and update you on the newest compliance requirements.
- Dispute Settlement Structure – Which jurisdiction to choose?
- Which department takes care of which matters of disputes?
- Proper procedure for terminating an employment agreement.
- Labor arbitration, back to the courts or both? Changes following the Ministry of Labor, Immigration and Population Letter of 1 June 2018?
- Compliance update: new rules and practices you need to know on dismissal and minimum wage
- Can you dismiss an employee on the spot for being rude or drunk?
- Can the employer announce the dismissal of an employee publicly?
- Free lancers, directors and consultants: the same rights as employees?
- Legal implications of employees posting comments on Facebook
- Which strikes are legal? Can you terminate employees for an illegal strike?
- Can you deviate from the Template Employment Contract?
Seats are limited and confirmation will be given on a first-come, first-served basis. To reserve your place, please click “Register” button under Event Details or contact Thiha Zaw at [email protected]or +951 925 3752~756, +95 9 773 788 813.