Southeast Asia is rich in mineral resources. The advisors of VDB Loi have unique hands-on experience in this sector, covering mining in gold, coal, bauxite, iron and sand, as well as natural gas and oil.
Our resources sector experience includes:
- Tax structuring of an oil pipeline construction activity in Thailand for a multinational company.
- Assisting a large mining enterprise to secure tax exemptions in Laos.
- Providing tax advice for a large oilfield services multinational in Vietnam.
- Advising on changes in the tax law for an oil production company in Cambodia.
- Tax efficient structuring of an exploration sharing agreement for gold mining in the region and the transfer of mining rights.
- Providing customs duty advice for the import and export of drilling equipment.
- Advising on a tax dispute between the Government of Laos and a foreign investor in the mineral sector.
- Advising on a tax-efficient holding structure and regional tax planning for a large petrochemical company.