M&As and restructuring have tax implications that are crucial to the success of a transaction. Getting the deal through can depend on a detailed understanding of the applicable tax consequences. The VDB Loi team of tax advisers, accountants and lawyers is well placed to offer an integrated solution to clients, saving precious time and resources. We have extensive experience in carrying out due diligence assignments on targets for acquisition or before an IPO listing. Here are some of our recent tax assignments in relation to M&A deals.
Our M&A experience includes:
- Conducting a tax and financial due diligence for a Big Four accounting firm on a telecommunications enterprise in Cambodia prior to takeover by a foreign investor.
- Providing tax structuring and accounting advice for the acquisition of a group of seven local limited liability companies in Vietnam with real estate holdings for a listed foreign acquirer.
- Providing tax advice in Thailand on the transfer of property and assets of a private equity fund.
- Structuring of the introduction of a new listed strategic investor in a large food and beverage group in Vietnam.
- Conducting tax due diligence on local entities of a multinational in the chemical sector prior to restructuring in Vietnam.
- Conducting a tax due diligence on an agricultural enterprise in Laos for a listed acquirer.
- Providing tax advice on an IPO listing in Thailand for a large local group.
- Tax structuring of an internal corporate reorganization affecting subsidiaries in Laos; advising on tax incentives and treaty exemption.