VDB Loi’s accounting professionals bring analytical skill to tax audits, while our tax lawyers drive litigation. Our firm is independent of any auditing organization and is thus not affected by Sarbanes Oxley restrictions.
Our tax controversy experience includes:
- Successful defense against a transfer pricing reassessment for a multinational enterprise.
- Successful defense against the reassessment of turnover for a multinational enterprise.
- Withholding tax claim reduced to 20% of initial reassessment.
- Successful correction of tax filings for a multinational service provider.
- Successful correction of tax filings for a multinational natural resources company.
- Assisting with a transfer pricing dispute for a multinational distributor of food and beverages in Cambodia with a positive conclusion.
- Assisting with a dispute on tax treaty exemptions in Vietnam for a multinational enterprise in the insurance sector.
- Managing the appeal in the Tax Court for a foreign investor in the financial sector in Thailand.
- Conducting a mutual agreement procedure (involving four countries) on the tax treaty application for a multinational enterprise in the medical sector.
- Obtaining tax clearance in Cambodia and Laos for various foreign-owned enterprises.
- Successful customs duty litigation project for a multinational pharmaceutical company in Vietnam.