INSIGHTS THIS MONTH
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS MONTH
VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings
The annual asialaw Profiles and asialaw Leading Lawyers rankings provide law firm recommendations and analysis of key practice areas and industry sectors across various jurisdictions and identifies the leading...
IN THIS ISSUE
What Have We Learned from EPGE’s 1,060 MW Solar Tender?
[From our Energy and Infrastructure Team - Myanmar Office]
Featuring Children in Commercial and Media Events – Some Cambodian Legal Aspects
[From our Cambodia Office]
How To Get a Bank License in Cambodia?
[From our Cambodia Office]
Introduction The banking system in Cambodia includes commercial banks, specialized banks, microfinance institutions (“MFIs”), rural credit institutions, financial leasing companies, third-party processors, credit bureaus, representative offices, payment service providers, and money changers. Of these entities,...
Myanmar Trademark Alert: Online Filing From 1st Oct 2020
[From our Regulatory Team - Myanmar Office]
Preparing the FY2019-2020 Year-End Tax Position for Myanmar
[From our Taxation Team - Myanmar Office]
RECENT VDB LOI WORK
VDB Loi is the go-to firm on power projects: The Energy team is advising more than half of the winning bidders of the 29 sites awarded to the private sector in Myanmar’s 2020 solar tender, totaling more than 1GW of power to be added to the national grid by early 2021.
Media acquisition: VDB Loi’s TMT team is advising and assisting with the transaction documentation for the acquisition of shares in a local media company.
International financiers choose VDB Loi’s expertise: Our Banking and Finance team assisted a European DFI on its financing of one of Myanmar’s leading microfinance institutions.
Growing IP work: VDB Loi is providing a regional player operating a number of international schools with trademark registration services.
Clients value VDB Loi’s knowledge of the regulatory environment: The Regulatory team is assisting a major regional power company with restructuring its investment schedule and obtaining the necessary approvals.
VDB LOI NEWS
VDB Loi Provides Pandemic Ready Cloud Based HR Solution System to Financial Sector Giants
Our Human Capital Management team is assisting two of the biggest banks and financial organizations in Myanmar with HR digitization during the current situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. As one...
- Tax Amnesty on Undisclosed Income at Reduced Tax Rates
- M&A Hot Issues
- Phnom Penh Lockdown: Who Remains Open? Which Authorities Still Work?
- Annual Audit of Personal Income Tax in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (VDB Loi Insights)
- New Tax Rules in Laos, Solar Bids in Cambodia, Expat Labor Rules Myanmar
- What Is Different About Cambodia’s New Solar Project Tender? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Laos: Key Changes to Secured Transactions
- New Rules Issued for Unsolicited Projects in Myanmar
- VDB Loi Celebrates Outstanding Asialaw Rankings (VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Crowned Tax Firm Of The Year For Third Time At The 2020 ITR Tax Awards
- Challenging Times Ahead? What Lenders and Other Creditors Need to Know About Myanmar’s New Insolvency System
- Loan Transactions In Southeast Asia: Getting Through The Challenging Times
- How To Win at Myanmar’s Solar Tender, Part of COVID-19 Stimulus Package?
- Do Employees Have the Right to Work Remotely? Questions on Labor Law Facing the Corona Virus Outbreak
- Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos Facing the Pandemic Challenge
- Project Bank (finally) published
- Myanmar Approved FDI for 2019 in Power Sector: All Projects Selected VDB Loi as Advisor
- The Impact of the 2019 Construction Law on Property Development in Cambodia
- Can you sue a dissolved company? (VDB Loi Insights)
- Myanmar Arbitration Update
- Myanmar Passes New Law for Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- How to Create a Tidal Wave of Foreign Investment in Electricity and Infrastructure? By These 5 Steps. (VDB Loi Insights)
- Power Surge at MOEE
- Myanmar About to Launch Power Barge Tender
- VDB Loi Insights
- VDB Loi Wins Law Firm of the Year