Some Issues to Consider for Toll Road PPP Projects in Myanmar
The Union Ministry of Construction, in coordination with the Union Ministry of Transport and Communication, and the Yangon Regional Government seeks to implement its first ever elevated expressway, the Yangon Elevated Expressway.
- Situation of existing toll roads in Myanmar
- Myanmar has a lot of experience with toll road bot contracts, but not the right kind
- Flexibility will be needed in the project structure
- How are government counterparts likely to perceive certain key commercial terms?
- Land rights of the project
- Direct agreement with the lenders?
- Progress on the documentation
- The new landscape for the sovereign guarantee
- Investment incentives