Acquiring a Port Terminal Project in Myanmar
Although others forms also exist, most port terminals with private interests in Myanmar are “Landlord Ports”. That is to say, the port is leased to the private sector for it to operate the port services, for which it invests capital – generally through a concession.
- What are the assets of a Target in the port sector?
- Are there any foreign ownership restrictions?
- Typical terms of a Myanmar port concession agreement
- Structuring options: which are the possible acquisition structures?
- Offshore shareholding structure: Use Singapore as a holding jurisdiction?