10 Frequently Asked Questions About the Myanmar Trademark Law 2019
Highlights of this note
- What kind of mark is registrable?
- Does the trademark law adopt a “first-to-file” or “first-to-use” system? Can I claim priority rights?
- How long can a registered trademark be protected?
- What rights does a trademark owner have?
- If I identify a pending trademark application infringing upon my rights, what can I do?
- If I identify a registered trademark infringing upon my rights, what can I do?
- How can I stop someone with no legitimate grounds from infringing upon my trademark rights?
- Is there any special protection for well-known trademarks?
- Can geographic identification, collective trademark, and trade name be protected in Myanmar?
- Is there any way that I can lawfully use someone else’s trademark?