Bangladesh Renewables Update – Which Projects Are Available for Investment or Acquisition? (Live Webinar + On Demand)
These are exciting times for renewables in Bangladesh. Yet unknown to most, the world’s 8th largest populated country is poised to cancel more fossil fuel projects in 2023, and replace them with more renewables. In addition, we believe several pending projects with very slow progress may be cancelled soon unless they secure a new investment or financing partner. And finally, the Government has been busy acquiring more land for projects, the most important deal killer, to get ready for a new tender. All factors that should grab the attention of potential investors and financiers, and what makes this the perfect time to host VDB Loi’s highly practical webinar this subject.
VDB Loi’s team on the ground in Dhaka will share their experience and insights using our trademark practical and commercial approach. From the highlights:
- Which “brownfield” projects are looking for investors or financing? We discuss a list of projects in planning stage, with Government approval, and their details
- How can you transfer a project that already received a “Letter of Intent”?
- How long is a “Letter of Intent” valid? Can the Bangladesh Power Development Board cancel an LOI?
- How does the land acquisition really work in Bangladesh?
- What are the average land prices for projects in different areas?
- If long term project finance is not available, what alternative ways of financing might work in Bangladesh?
- What are the commercial and legal terms of Bangladesh PPAs?