We would like to invite you to a unique briefing in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore on “Myanmar’s New Law and Market Access for Petroleum Products”.
- Kuala Lumpur: 26 September 2017, 09.00am-11.00am (CBD venue to be advised upon registration)
- Singapore: 28 September 2017, 09.00am-11.00am (CBD venue to be advised upon registration)
The landscape for petroleum products in Myanmar is in full flux. A long awaited newly amended Law on Petroleum Products has just been issued with additional provisions covering the import, processing, logistics and supply of all types of petroleum products. And earlier this year, for the first time, the Government changed its policy and allowed foreign investors access to a wide range of petroleum related business in Myanmar, including buying shares in existing Myanmar-owned petroleum businesses.
In this highly practical client briefing event, VDB Loi shares its outstanding experience working in this space with supermajors, petroleum product marketing companies, Governments and international institutions. Here are the highlights:
- Import, trading, storage, transport: Which activity is now allowed 100% foreign owned? Which as a JV?
- The new Petroleum Products Law: what are the key points to know?
- How to get an MIC Permit for a mid- or downstream oil and gas project?
- Can a Filling Station or a Terminal license be assigned?
- How does the new Petroleum Products Law impact Myanmar LNG import and regasification projects?
- How to buy a stake in a Myanmar national-owned fuel terminal or distribution business: New structuring options;
- Deal killers in fuel terminal due diligence: a roundup of VDB Loi experience scrutinizing land sites;
- Update on LNG, LPG, and mixed fuel terminals
This event is by invitation only and free for VDB Loi clients. To request an invitation kindly click on the RSVP link in our Event Details section. We would like to get to know your business partners! If you bring your business partner to the event, both of you attend for free!
VDB Loi is a leading law and advisory firm in Myanmar. We assist the Myanmar Government with transactions and privatizations in the energy, transport and communications areas. Our team has advised 4 of the supermajors on their oil and gas interests, and presently works on several large mid- and downstream petroleum products joint ventures. Our advisers are “highly praised by peers and clients alike as seasoned and informed professionals” (Asia Law) with “very high standards” (Legal 500) while the firm is “widely considered a power house” (Asia Law).
Edwin Vanderbruggen | Senior PartnerM/WhatsApp:
+959975327699 | W
Yangon: T:+95 1371902/1371635 Level 8, Centrepoint Towers, 65 Sule Pagoda Rd & Merchant Street
Nay Pyi Taw: T: +95 678108091 No. S-204 Tha Pyay Kone Ward, Zabu Thiri Township
This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy, disseminate, distribute or disclose any information contained therein. Thank you.