September 18, 2018 - 04.55pm - 05.40pm
Location: Pan Pacific Yangon, Myanmar
Download: Event Brochure
Power supply is a fundamental prerequisite for telecoms infrastructure development, above all for data centres and towercos, which are heavily dependent on reliable power supplies. They are currently using on-grid power supplies and diesel –powered generators. In an attempt to improve the environmental impact of infrastructure development, it is important to investigate alternative energy resources.
- What are the current power demands of data centres and tower companies? Are these demands being met?
- What are the impacts of the lack of power on the telecoms industry and local communities?
- What innovative solutions are mobile towers and data centres testing in order to be more energy efficient?
- How can companies be incentivised to use renewable energy sources?
- How can telecoms operators form strategic partnerships with power companies?
- What experience have power companies had in alternative energy sources and how could they be successfully implemented in Myanmar?
- How are infrastructure-sharing initiatives affecting power demands?
- Are there land acquisition possibilities and how will this impact infrastructure development and rural rollout for power and telecoms?
Click here for more information.